The digital world grows more complex every day, and to deliver to extremely tight timescales, we’ve developed tools, methods and shortcuts that enable us to get the MVP out the door.
But these methods are limited to only the personas and user journeys we expect – they are the beginning, not the end. And increasingly, as we enter a world of connected objects, wearables, environments and other experiences that go beyond the screen, a set of linear journeys just doesn’t do the job anymore.
Going beyond the journeys we can imagine, freeing the user to engage however they see fit, isn’t easy, but it’s important – and it’s illuminating, and fun. This seminar will help you develop lateral and systems thinking skills that help you think beyond the linear, uncovering new directions and opportunities to connect and engage with users.
Next date: TBC
- Lateral thinking puzzles – interactive games designed to get you thinking outside of your ‘normal’ pathways
- Scenario encoding and decoding – exercises to help you think more creatively and laterally about a problem
- Experience Map
- Etiquette Guidelines – an alternate or complement to traditional User Journeys, this tool defines the behaviour of a product or service based on the qualities of its relationship to the user, rather than by limiting its capabilities
- Product Managers (startup or corporate)
- Heads of UX
- Heads of Innovation
- Product & Service Designers
Contact us about this session.